MILLET DRUMSTICK LEAVES ADAI
(ANY MILLET FLOUR CAN BE USED)
- Millet flour - ½ cup
- Finely Chopped onion - ¼ cup
- Green chilly - 1 or 2 depends upon the spiciness
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Grated coconut - 3 tablespoon
- Tender drumstick leaves - 1 Fistful
- Curry leaves - A spring
- Salt taste
- Grind ginger and green chilli just for a second. Keep it aside
- Take a bowl, add millet flour, chopped onion,green chilli and ginger paste, grated coconut, chopped drumstick leaves, curry leaves and required salt.
- Add warm water and make a soft dough
- Grease a few drops of oil on a banana leaf (or a damp cotton cloth/ clean handkerchief ) Place a ragi dough ball and spread it evenly with your fingers.
- Heat a tawa, invert the banana leaf on the tawa with the adai. Then slowly lift the leaf alone leaving the adai on the tawa.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of oil around the adai and little on top of the adai and cook covered on medium low heat. By covering the adai will be soft and delicious.
- Once cooked, flip it over to the other side and cook uncovered. The colour of the adai will change once it is cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from tawa and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.