FOXTAIL MILLET PESARATTU
- Foxtail millet -1 cup
- Whole green gram -1 cup
- Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Red chillies - 4
- Green chillies - 2
- Chopped Onion - ¾ cup
- Ginger – ½ inch piece
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak foxtail millet and whole green gram together for 5-6 hours. Grind it coarsely just like adai with red chillies, green chillies, ginger,and little water. The batter should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Add salt and leave the batter for fermentation [approximately. 6-7 hours]/ overnight.. If you want to prepare it for dinner, soak it in the morning and grind it before noon.
- Take the fermented batter and add onion and coriander leaves.
- Heat a dosa tawa on medium flame, spread the batter evenly around the dosa tawa, pour 1 tbsp of oil and cook both the sides.
- Now the delicious and healthy pesarattu is ready to serve.