- Whole grain bajra – 1 cup
- Water – 2-1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida- a pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- chopped Onion – medium 1
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, minced
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped beans – 6
- Chopped carrot – 1
- To make this quick breakfast recipe, soak 1 cup pearl millet overnight. Rub the grains with your hand and rinse them well. Add 2 cups of water and Pressure cook for 7-8 whistles. Remove excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, urad dal, chopped chillies,and ginger and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion, salt, Saute until onions turn translucent.
- Add carrot, beans and saute for a couple of minutes. Add the excess water from cooked pearl millet. Cover the lid and cook for a few more minutes. And, Remove the lid, cook until all the water evaporates.
- Add the cooked pearl millet and mix well. Add coriander leaves. Serve hot.