- Pearl millet - 1 ½ cup
- Horse gram - ½ cup
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Take pearl millet, horse gram, and fenugreek seeds in a bowl and wash it well with water and soak it in 4 cups of water for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients with a grinder/mixer by adding a small amount of water.
- Add salt to the batter properly and set aside for fermentation overnight (7-8 hours).
- The next morning you will find the batter has nicely fermented.
- Pearl millet dosa batter is ready to use.