Skip to content
Palm Jaggery Gulab Jamun
- 2 cups mawa
- 1 tbsp maida
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2½ kg jaggery, or to taste
- 1½ L water
- a handful of lightly fried dry fruits in ghee
- Ghee for frying
Process of making:
- Mix the mawa, baking powder, maida and 1/2 of the cardamom powder in a spoon with certain water. Make a soft dough with the mawa combination and set it aside.
- Simmer the jaggery, keeping cardamom powder, and water in a deep-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Continue to stir the palm jaggery and cardamom mixture till the jaggery has totally fully dissolved.
- Make the jaggery-cardamom mixture heavy and doughy, and don't let it combust.
- When the jaggery syrup is completed, remove it from heat. Gently rub the prepared mawa dough once again.
- Roll the mawa dough among your palms to shape bite-size balls.
- Heat a non-stick Kadai with ghee over moderate flame.
- When the ghee is hot enough, drop the mawa balls in and cook till golden brown.
- Place the fried mawa balls on a wrapping paper to soak up the surplus ghee.
- Pour the jaggery syrup over the mawa balls. Scatter the roasted dry fruits on the pinnacle of the jaggery-soaked mawa balls.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.