Skip to content
Mappillai Samba Payasam
Process of making:
- Drench the mappilai samba rice up overnight, then rinse and milled the rice the following morning.
- Just, merge this ground rice with 1/2 bowl of water in a large pan and cook over medium heat.
- In a separate pan, boil the water and add the crushed jaggery till it disperses. At last, stretch the jaggery syrup.
- Once the rice is completed, add the jaggery syrup and combine far before cooking for two min. Turn the heat down.
- As once the flame has indeed been turned off, add the coconut milk and combine well. Do not simmer the payasam after trying to add the coconut milk, as it will induce the milk to separate.
- In a separate pan, heat the ghee and saute the raisins and cashew nuts till they brown, after which add to the payasam.
- Serve hot!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.