Skip to content
Mappillai Samba Dosa
Process of making:
- Soak and drench the mapillai samba rice, varagu, whole urad dal, fenugreek seeds, toor dal, and chickpea dal for four hours.
- You can choose any millet that you would like.
- Drain the water after 4 hours and meld it into a fine paste in a mixer or blender.
- Add just enough water to make a batter.
- Add ice water to the mixie if milling. It will inhibit the mixie from excessive heat.
- Transfer to a large vessel and sprinkle with salt.
- Use your hands to extensively incorporate the ingredients. Fermentation will be assisted by all this.
- Place it in a warm spot for 6-7 hours. Millet-based batters generally digest quickly. So, if you reside in warm temperatures, the batter will be drained in 4-5 hours.
- Mix thoroughly once it has been brewed.
- Accept a small fraction and add a little water to slender it out.
- Because we use the batter for 2 days, adding more water to the entire pack will destroy the flavour.
- Having left the whole batter outside for a few more hours also will end up making it sour.
- Heat up a dosa pan. Render a slender loop with 1.5 castings of Mapillai samba dosa batter.
- Sprinkle a little oil in the pan.
- Turn it softly once the side is finished cooking.
- Simmer for several seconds prior to actually trying to remove the dosa.
- Serve with chutney or sambar on the edge.
- It goes well with a red chilli coconut chutney.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.