Skip to content
Mapillai Samba Puttu
- Rinse the rice extensively and soak it for four hours.
- Flush the rice and clean it with fabric for 15-20 minutes.
- Maintain it in a hot place or in a cool place.
- Place the rice in the mixie after expelling it from the cloth.
- Grind till it replicates dust.
- Retain the flour in a separate pot.
- Add the flour and salt to a bowl and mix.
- Combine in a little hot water at a time to your fingertips. Once you grab a handful of flour among your arms, this should retain its shape; once you wiggle it once again, it should fall to pieces.
- Heat water in an idli pan.
- Bend the flour into a fabric and vaporise it for 15-20 minutes on moderate flame.
- Turn the heat down.
- Heat a Kadai with ghee, then add nuts and grated coconut. cook it extensively
- Place the dumplings puttu in a pot and top with the elaichi powder and coconut nut combination.
- Mix in the sugar/jaggery extensively.
- A most flavoured Mapillai samba puttu is prepared.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.