- Foxtail Millet - ¾ cup
- Moong dal - ¼ cup
- Jaggery - 1.25 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Cardamom Powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Ghee - 3 tablespoon
- Few cashews
- Dry roast the moong dal and Foxtail millet together.
- Wash and Pressure cook with 3 cups of water till 4 whistles and switch off the stove. Now let the steam escape by itself.
- Meanwhile, Boil jaggery in half a cup of water and strain and keep it aside.
- Once the steam gets released from the cooker, add the jaggery syrup to the cooked millet and dal mixture, mash it and cook for a few more minutes,add cardamom powder and switch off the stove.
- Heat Ghee and fry the cashews until they turn golden brown.
- Transfer immediately to the sweet pongal mixture. Stir and serve the healthy foxtail millet sweet pongal.