- Finger millet flour - 1 cup
- Rava - 1 cup ( any rava will work)
- Water- 4 cups
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - ¼ teaspoon
- Urad dal -½ teaspoon
- Chana dal - ½ teaspoon
- Finely chopped Onion - 1
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Green chillies - 2 or 3 depends upon the spice level
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Cashew nuts - 10 optional.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle. Add chana dal, urad dal, chopped onion, sliced chillies, and curry leaves.
- When the onion has become translucent add the rava.Roast it. Then add the finger millet flour. Roast everything well. Keep it on a low flame.
- once the finger millet flour’s raw smell goes off and is roasted well. Add water. Add little ghee, lemon juice and salt. Close and cook on a low flame. Once it is cooked, add roasted cashews and coriander leaves. Serve hot.