- Finger millet flour - 1 cup
- Grated jaggery - 2 to 4 tablespoon
- Water - 4 tablespoon
- Milk - 1 cup
- Water - 1 ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Ghee - 3 tablespoon
For coconut stuffing:
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Slightly roasted sesame seeds - 1 or 2 tablespoons.
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Jaggery - ½ cup.
- Heat jaggery in 2 to 4 tablespoons of water and keep it aside. Mix well until it dissolves.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan. Add finger millet flour and roast it on a low flame for about 3 to 4 minutes stirring continuously. There should be no lumps in the flour.
- Switch off the stove. Add milk and water to the flour and stir continuously to avoid any lumps. Add cardamom powder. Cook until the water is almost absorbed.
- Once the flour turns sticky add a tablespoon of ghee and stir well.
- Cook until the mixture leaves the side of the pan, and it should become mass.
- Keep the flame low, add filtered jaggery syrup and mix well. Cook until it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Close the lid and switch off the stove. Keep it in the pan at least 10 mins for complete cooking. Knead the mixture to a smooth dough when it is still warm.