Skip to content
Date Palm Jaggery Rice Kheer
- 2 litres of full-cream milk
- a single bayleaf
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 100 g of rice
- 1.5 cup jaggery palm
- 15 Cashew Kernels
- a quarter cup raisins
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
Process of making:
- Soak the rice and immerse it in water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Ghee should be heated in a heavy-bottomed pan. This kheer is ready in an earthen pot.
- After draining the water, add the rice. On low heat, mix for 2-5 min.
- Mix in the Cashews for yet another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the Milk and Bayleaf. Every 4-5 mins, stir the mixture.
- When the milk starts to boil, stir constantly every 2-3 mins to avoid the milk from scorching the bottom of the vessel.
- Turn the heat down once the rice is completed and the kheer has curdled. Mix in the raisins.
- After 5 minutes, add the jaggery. If the jaggery is solid, dissolve it in the microwave and then use it.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.