Skip to content
Christmas Cake with Traditional Sugar and Wheat Flour
- ½ cup B&B Organics whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Orange peel, raisins, dates and sultanas (deseeded)
- ¼ cup Grape juice
- 1 cup B&B Organics Sugarcane jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp Water
- ½ cup Oil/B&B Organics Cow ghee
- ½ tsp All spice(mix of nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom)
- Eggs - 2
- Soak the orange peel, raisins, dates and sultanas in grape juice overnight.
- Melt the jaggery with the water until thick and golden, use low flame and non-stick saucepan.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Now beat the oil and ghee with the cooled jaggery until smooth add the eggs one by one and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add the flour and the soaked fruits and stir with a spoon until well blended along with the all spice.
- Grease a baking tin with butter/ghee and line it with baking paper. Pour the batter into this dish and bake in oven at 160 degree Celsius until golden brown.
- Alternately you can also bake it inside pressure cooker lined with salt at low flame without the gasket.
- TIP: Make sure the fruit is de-seeded and of good quality, sift the flour well and keep oven temperature low. This cake will keep well and tastes better as it matures.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.