Skip to content
Carrot Rice Kheer with Palm Jaggery
- 3 carrots
- 2.5 cups milk
- 2 tsp ghee
- 3/4 cup palm jaggery
- 7-8 cashew nuts
- a pinch of cardamom powder
Process of making:
- Heat the ghee in a pan and toast the cashew nuts till golden brown, then add the remaining.
- In a pan, melt jaggery. Pour in 1/4 cup of water.
- Boil for 5 minutes just until the jaggery is fully melted.
- Turn the heat down and tuck it away.
- Scrape the carrot skin and thoroughly rinse it.
- Finely chop this and simmer for 3 buzzers in a slow cooker with some water or milk.
- Allow cooling before combining in a blender.
- Merge the carrot puree and milk in a massive saucepan.
- Stir well and cook for 10 minutes on moderate low flame.
- Constantly stir.
- Turn off the burner.
- Allow for complete cooling.
- Pour the jaggery syrup over the carrot milk mixture.
- Merge thoroughly. It will curdle if you put it on the flame.
- Stir in the roasted cashews and cardamom powder.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Mix in the roasted cashews and cardamom powder.
- Carrot payasam is done.
- This carrot payasam, with its sweet taste from jaggery and clunk from the nuts, is perfect for neivedyam and gatherings alike.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.