Karunkuravai rice is the main component in Siddha these days. It possesses a wide range of medicinal characteristics that are connected to skin infections. It has also been lauded in many Siddha books, starting with testimonials from Agathiyar, a Ramayanam and Mahabharatham academic.
It is a traditional rice variety native to parts of south India like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala. This rice wide range is best cultivated between 120 and 125 days. Furthermore, it is said this rice is appropriate for sowing in Tamil Nadu during the Navarre period, which starts in December and lasts until January. In addition, there is a special season that keeps running from June to July. It is a member of the Oryza Sativa family.
Karun Kuruvai appears red but is actually a black rice variation. Karunguruvai rice has innumerable therapeutic qualities and is used to cure many diseases. Elephantiasis disease and chickenpox are very well recognized to be handled by Karun Kuruvai. It is recognized as "Viagra" in India. Karun Kuruvai strengthens the nervous system and boosts the immune system. Karunkuruvai is used and ingested in the same way that regular rice is.
Health Benefits of Karunkuravai rice:
Karunkuruvai rice, for beginners, is used to treat leprosy, a contagious illness caused by Mycobacterium infection. It mainly affects the nerve endings of the limbs, the nose's skin inner layer, and the respiratory tract. It's a serious infection that's been around for a long period of time.
- Furthermore, it has incredible resistance to highly toxic bites.
- It also has anti-aging properties similar to Kaya Kalpa Yoga.
- Similarly, this rice helps to cure dreadful diseases such as cholera and tonsillitis.
- This is favourable for enhancing the body’s immune system in immunocompromised patients.
- Karunguruvai rice aids in the improvement of biliary features and insulin mucus secretion in our bodies.
- Remarkably, it also improves fertility.
- It contains four times more iron than regular rice. To be more specific, it aids in the formation of red blood cells and helps promote the body ’s immune system.
- Ancient ayurvedic advises Karunguruvai for Anaemia, lack of strength, malnourishment, and increased cloud retention.
Recipe using Karunkuruvai rice:
Karunkuruvai Rice Porridge:
Cuisine: South Indian
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 pound of hand-pounded rice
1/2 kg Karun Kuruvai rice
200 gm barley
100 gm horse barn
2 tsp fresh shredded coconut
Season with salt to taste
3 to 4 cups of water
- To begin, wash the Karunguruvai rice under clean water and leave it to dry for a whole day.
- Second, dehydrate the horse barn as well as the barley.
- Finally, combine them.
- Keep them dry in a container.
- It has a shelf life of 4 months.
- In a container, bring the water to a boil.
- Add 1 as well as 2 cups of the above-made porridge mix.
- Combine them together and set the rice to cook.
- Add more water and season with salt if your porridge is too watery.
- Finally, thoroughly combine all the ingredients and serve warm.