What could be more aggravating than uncontrollable hair? Scalp that is dry, itching, and covered in dandruff! The beginning of winter comes with it the dandruff problem. If you are suffering from dry scalp, the issue gets even worse. It doesn't matter what the cause of your dandruff outbreak is as much as you cure it at the root by keeping a healthy, hydrated scalp. And adding coconut oil frequently is the best way to heal a scalp that is rough and afflicted with dandruff. However, while understanding the solution to the query, is coconut oil helpful for dandruff? Let's begin by taking a peek at the viable options of the dandruff condition.
How Effective Is Coconut Oil For Dandruff?
The coconut, a marvelous fruit, has long been utilized as a go-to and tried-and-true cure for any issue relating to hair. Coconut oil penetrates the hair roots and nurtures the scalp inside and out to avoid dry scalp and dandruff problems. It is rich in vitamins (E & K), proteins, antibacterial properties, and essential fatty acids. The follicles' much-needed strength is provided to them through its penetrative qualities, that also actually maintain excess sebum build-up under check. As it is believed to excite the scalp and stimulate the rise of well-conditioned, thick, and problem-free hair, coconut oil for dandruff is also considered as a primary cure.
Methods For Treating Dandruff With Coconut Oil
Yes, you adore your hair. In order to keep them healthy and attractive, you must have a cure or a solution. However, if you think that using products that have received chemical treatment can help you in doing so, you are wrong. While the acute problem may be partially eased, the long-term outcome is broken, dry, and lifeless hair. We suggest utilizing herbal or organic natural remedies to avoid this. What for? They are simple to prepare, have really no adverse effects, feed your scalp from the inside out and avoid you from needing to devote a lot of time at the beauty salon.
We've found some dandruff treatments using coconut oil that you can experiment with at home with wonderfully hydrated tresses with minimal effort. Do so right away!
Coconut oil-based home remedies for dandruff:
Hair mask with neem and coconut oil for dandruff:
Neem is a wonderful herbal alternative for dandruff and other illnesses of the scalp due to its strong antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties.
- 9 to 10 neem leaves, dried.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Crush the needed leaves into a powder form in a mixer.
- Prepare a paste with the crushed leaves and coconut oil now.
- For 10 minutes, lightly rub the mix into your head in a circular pattern.
- Let it sit on the scalp for a few hours.
- Use a mild conditioner and shampoo to wash it off.
- Do at least 2 times every week to finally get rid of the dandruff.
Lemon and Coconut Oil for Dandruff:
Is it wise to use coconut oil for dandruff? We say! particularly when combined
with lemon juice and massaged on the hair and scalp. Lemon is slightly acidic, making it an amazing cleansing aid. It assists in removing toxic compounds and an surplus of oil from the scalp's area, maintaining the scalp moisturized and trouble-free for a prolonged period of time.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Freshly extracted lemon juice, 1 teaspoon.
- Together, mix the two components.
- Massage the hair and the scalp, work your way up to the tip, and gently rub for about five to ten minutes.
- Before washing it off with a gentle shampoo, allow it an hour to rest.
- Do 2 times a week in order to achieve the intended outcomes.
Honey And Coconut Oil Hair Pack:
Honey has naturally hydrating qualities that aid in maintaining and restoring the pH balance of the scalp. Due to its antibacterial properties, honey helps in curing dandruff at its origin.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1-tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Make a paste by putting all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub the hair tips and scalp with this mixture for 5-10 minutes.
- Before washing it off with a gentle shampoo, let it rest for about an hour.
- Continue the procedure at least once per week to achieve long-term results.
Lemon, Coconut Oil, and Baking Soda for Dandruff
It's among the finest coconut oil-based home remedies for dandruff as lemon
and baking soda both are famous for their cleansing and antibacterial properties. Regular use of these products on the scalp will assist you in getting rid of particles as well as control the oversupply of oil, which is one of the major induces of dandruff.
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1-tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- The remaining ingredients must be put in a cup of apple cider vinegar and well stirred.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp and leftover hair as required.
- Use a gentle conditioner and shampoo to rinse this after allowing it to sit on the scalp for 45 minutes.
- For better effect, do it at least once a month.
Coconut oil, Apple Cider, and Bananas for Dandruff
Vitamin B, which is rich in bananas, helps to feed the scalp and provide hair a natural shine. With apple cider vinegar in the mix, your hair will be healthy and dandruff-free.
- 1 full, ripe banana
- 1-tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- With a spoon or fork, mash the banana until it forms a pulp.
- Then mix the mashed banana with the coconut oil and apple cider.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp and gently rub it for five to ten minutes in a circular pattern.
- The mixture should be left on your scalp overnight as you use a shower hat.
- Rinse it out the next morning with a mild shampoo and repeat the procedure at least once a week for best effect.
Even if it's simple to make these coconut oil for dandruff remedies at home, regular hot coconut oil massages, applied at least 2 times a week, are a quick way to get rid of dandruff if you are still limited on time. Not only will it help you in preventing dandruff but it will also strengthen your scalp to reduce hair loss.