- Red rice- 1 cup
- Sesame seeds/til
- Poppy seeds/khuskhus
- Jaggery-¾ cup
- Water-¼ cup
- Cardamom powder
- Pepper (crushed)
- Oil / ghee for deep frying
For dough preparation:
- Soak rice for 4 hours then grind.
- Dry roast poppy seeds and sesame seeds till aromatic.
- Melt jaggery with water.
- Add rice when consistency is reached. Also, add the other roasted elements.
- Grease with ghee and keep the mixture for 12 hours.
Athirasa frying recipe:
- Pat and flatten a small dough to form a slightly thick disk.
- Peel the athirasa gently, without breaking apart.
- Now deep fry both sides in medium hot oil or ghee.
- Finally, enjoy athirasa/adhirasam.