Foxtail Millet Murukku
B&B Organics Foxtail millet flour 1 cup
B&B Organics Raw rice flour 1 cup.
B&B Organics Urad dal 1⁄2 cup
B&B Organics Sesame seeds 1 teaspoon
B&B Organics Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Butter/B&B Organics Gingelly oil 2 tablespoons
B&B Organics Asafoetida 1⁄4 teaspoon
B&B Organics Rock salt crystals 1 teaspoon
Water as required
Oil for frying
- Dry roast urad dal till it turns golden brown.
- Allow it to cool. Then make a fine powder of it. Sieve it.
- Now sieve raw rice flour and Foxtail millet flour.
- Wash the sesame seeds and allow it to dry.
- Then dry roast the sesame seeds.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of rock salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon of asafoetida in quarter glass of water and allow it to dissolve.
- Now mix all the above ingredients namely cumin seeds, 2 tablespoons of gingerly oil or butter, add the rock salt
- and asafoetida mixture.
- Then add water as required, adding gradually tablespoon by tablespoon.
- After adding water in parts, knead to a soft and smooth dough.
- Now heat oil in a frying pan.
- Now use the murukku maker or murukku mould.
- Place the murukku dough into the mould.
- Let the oil become medium hot.
- Check the temperature of the oil by adding a small piece of dough.
- If it comes up gradually the oil is hot enough to fry.
- Using the murukku maker hold it on top of the oil and let the murukku fall directly into the oil.
- Now fry murukku in oil evenly.
- Tasty and crispy foxtail millet murukku is ready to serve.
Visit our website to order the ingredients for this recipe: www.bnborganics.com (All our products are organic!)
Rated based on 0 customer reviews