Foxtail millet lemon rice
1 cup Foxtail Millet
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
1/4 cup Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
1/4 cup Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped
1 sprig Curry leaves , roughly chopped
1 inch Ginger , grated
2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
1 Lemon , juiced
Salt , to taste
1 tablespoon Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- Boil the millets beforehand, by adding 1 cup of millets to 1-1 ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker. Cook for a couple of whistles. Millets will be grainy on being completely cooked.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan or u=you can use a kadai as well. Add mustard seeds, urad dal and peanuts to the oil and allow them to cook. You will see crackling of mustard seeds, make sure the heat is low to provide ample time for the dal and peanuts to cook.
- Add curry leaves,ginger , chillis, turmeric powder and cook for a few seconds. Then add carrots and sauté for 2 minutes or till the carrots soften.
- Now add the foxtail millet, salt and stir to combine all the things together. Make sure the millets get coated well. Cover and cook on a low flame for a few minutes.
- Then remove the lid, and add lemon juice and mix. Check salt and spices levels.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander. Serve.
Visit our website to order the ingredients for this recipe: www.bnborganics.com (All our products are organic!)
Rated based on 0 customer reviews