B&B ORGANICS WHITE FLAKES
B&B Organics Flakes (aval/ poha/atugulu/ avalakki) is made from organic rice. Flakes are healthy and easy breakfast choices. They are gluten-free and are one of the best alternatives to fulfill your nutrition.
Being rich in fiber, flakes promote a slow and steady release of sugar in the bloodstream. It is also a good source of carbohydrates and probiotics. It is rich in iron and is easily digestible. It is also low in calories and hence ideal for breakfast, which provides energy yet is low in calories.
Rice is parboiled before flattening so that it can be consumed with very little to no cooking. These flakes of rice swell when added to liquid, whether hot or cold, as they absorb water, milk or any other liquids. The thickness of the flakes varies between almost translucently thin to nearly four times thinner than a normal rice grain.
|Nutrients||Nutritional values Per 100g*|
|Carbohydrate (g )||25|
Recipe: SWEET POHA
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 person
Recipe Category: Snacks
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Flakes- 1 cup
- Warm water- 3-4 tbsp
- Grated coconut- ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder- ¼ tbsp.
- Dry ginger powder – a pinch
- Take the B&B Organics flakes in a large mixing bowl and add 2 tbsp of water. Mix it well.
- Add the remaining 1 or 2 tbsp as needed and mix it again. All the flakes should moist. You should be careful because too much water will make it soggy.
- Mix grated coconut, sugar, cardamom powder, and dry ginger powder.
- Cover and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Once all flavor will be blended properly serve it.