Sugarcane jaggery is extracted from sugarcane and it is a healthy substitute to refined sugar that is full of chemicals. Jaggery is a sweetener that is also called as Gur in Hindi. It can be used to make most of the sweets like kheer, Halwa, etc.
Cultivation: B&B Organics Sugarcane Jaggery is produced organically. Sugarcane jaggery is extracted from sugarcane. It is made by crushing the sugarcane, extracting the juice and further drying it to make a powder format.
It works as a detox as it helps to remove the toxins from the liver. It also helps in preventing the free-radicals which are usually responsible for early aging. It also boosts up the immunity, so that our body is resistant to diseases. It prevents cold and cough as it protects the lungs from toxic pollutants. It cures stomach ailments like constipation and improves the production of digestive juices and enzymes. It induces bowel movements and thus prevents constipation.
Sugarcane jaggery powder strengthens the bones and prevents joint pain. If the jaggery is taken with milk or the jaggery is taken with ginger juice, it helps in preventing arthritis pain.
Recipe: Wheat Halwa
- B&B Organics Whole wheat flour or atta 1 cup
- B&B Organics Ghee 3⁄4 cup
- B&B Organics Sugarcane jaggery 1 cup
- B&B Organics Cashew nuts 2 tablespoons
- Heat 1⁄2 cup of ghee in a heavy-bottomed Kadai or pan.
- Add whole wheat flour to the hot ghee and start roasting it.
- Meanwhile, take sugarcane jaggery to add little water and make a syrup.
- Keep this pan on a medium flame and let it come to a boil.
- Keep frying the atta till its color changes and you get the aroma of roasted wheat flour.
- Once the jaggery mixture starts to boil pour it over the atta or roasted wheat flour.
- The mixture may splutter so cook on low flame.
- Keep stirring so that lumps are not formed.
- Add the remaining ghee and once the wheat halwa thickens switch off the flame.
- Garnish with roasted cashew nuts. Serve wheat halwa hot or warm.
All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by B&B organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.