Though jaggery is available in multiple forms like syrup, balls, block and more, powdered jaggery is quite popular due to the ease of usage. You can easily add jaggery powder to your cup of tea, in Indian sweets and more to enhance the flavour in no time.
Recipe: Spiced Jaggery Powder
- 1 cup/230g- Jaggery powder
- ¾ tbsp- Ginger powder/Sonth
- 8- Green cardamoms
- 1 tsp- Whole black peppercorn
- 1 tbsp- Fennel seeds
- ½ tbsp- Cinnamon powder
- Discard the pods and grind the seeds of green cardamoms to a fine powder, keep aside.
- Dry roast fennel seeds until one shade lightly darker in colour. Remove from the heat, grind to a fine powder, and keep aside.
- Grind black peppercorn to a fine powder, and keep aside.
- Now mix all the ingredients in a bowl, store in an airtight container, and use as required.
Use this Spiced Jaggery Powder as an aromatic sugar substitute to your bakes (cakes, cookies, tarts), add into pancake batter, smoothies, overnight oatmeal etc.