1. Millets are a storehouse of energy due to the high content of starch. It is also a very good source of fiber and protein. According to the researchers, the amino acids present in the pearl millet is easily digestible than the ones present in wheat.
2. Due to the presence of essential nutrients such as amino acids, B complex vitamin, folic acid, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc millets play an important role in leading a healthy lifestyle. Niacin decreases cholesterol while magnesium is necessary for maintaining a healthy heart as it lowers blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart attacks.
3. Pearl millet has a high content of phosphorus which plays an important role in the structure of body cells.
4. Recent studies have shown that regular intake of pearl millets help in preventing gallstones in women.
5. Pearl millet is known to increase insulin secretion and reduces the level of triglycerides.
Disclaimer: All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by B&B organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.