It is widely grown in the Southern parts of India. Kerala and Karnataka are the major hubs for the cultivation of Matta rice. Dense Black cotton soil is used for the cultivation. This special type of soil is found in Palakkad, Kerala. Matta rice has special flavor and taste due to its soil variety. It contains clay and slit.
- It is the Best source for magnesium.
- It decreases the risk of diabetes.
- Daily consumption can satisfy your body’s fiber requirement.
- It controls blood sugar.
- It is a major source of vitamin A and vitamin B
- It is a great option for calcium supply to our body.
- Cholesterol formation in our body will be prevented.
Lemon Matta rice
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 2 person
Receipe category: Lunch
Receipe cuisine: Indian
- Kerala Rice – 2 cups [Boiled]
- Lemon Juice – 3 tbsp
- Ground nut – ¼ cup [Roasted & peeled]
- Sambar onion – 4 [chopped]
- Green Chilli – 1 [slit]
- Dry red chilli – 1
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Mustard seed – 1 tbsp
- Bengal gram – 3 tbsp
- Urad Dal – 1 tbsp
- Peppercorn – 1 tbsp
- Asafetida – 1 tsp
- Gingelly oil – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- First boil the matta rice for 15 mins.
- Then heat the oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds.
- Then include Bengal gram, urad Dal and Peppercorns.
- Add onion and saute it softly
- Next add green as well as red chili, asafoetida, turmeric powder.
- After mixing it well next add roasted groundnuts and curry leaves.
- Add the boiled rice.
- Add salt and lemon juice.
- The last step is to add gingelly oil and mix it well
- Finally, your delicious lemon matta rice is ready to serve.
All the above-mentioned details are taken from farmers and B&B Organics don’t take any credit for the above information.