1. It helps with glucose metabolism and reduces the rate of glucose absorption. Little millets are easily digestible. They have a low carbohydrate content and low water-soluble gum content. These properties of little millet promote glucose metabolism. They reduce the rate of glucose absorption as the grains release sugar slowly in the bloodstream.
2. Little millet is fibrous millet. As per research findings, some varieties of little millets have 37% to 38% of dietary fiber which is the highest among the cereals. Hence it prevents constipation and promotes bowel movements.
3. Little millet is high in iron and this helps in the treatment of anemia.
4. This grain is high in fat comprising mainly of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA).
5. This millet contains flavonoids which act as antioxidants and play a vital role in the protection of the body’s immune system.
Disclaimer: All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by B&B organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.