This red rice variety is cultivated by organic farmers in Tamil Nadu. It gives high yield, requires no chemical fertilizers, has short planting season and is ready for harvest in 110 days. They are usually planted in winter between September to January.
- This rice is rich in proteins and carbohydrates so it gives strength and fitness
- Due to its high fibre, a little of this rice is equal to twice the same in white rice
- This rice is rich in anthocyanins and antioxidants so helps build immunity
Recipe: Kulivedichan Rice gruel
- Kulivedichan rice – 1/2 cup
- Moong daal – 1/4 cup
- Coconut milk – 1/5 cup
- Sugarcane or palm jaggery – to taste
- Salt – a pinch
- Pressure cook the rice and daal until mushy.
- Add the jaggery, salt and coconut milk and boil until thick and well blended
- Serve with more cow milk and ghee in individual bowls
All the above-mentioned health benefits are not scientifically tested by B&B organics. The farmers believe that the substance showed these characteristics.