It is widely grown in Northeast, West Bengal, Jharkhand, and Odisha. It takes less water for growing. It is a drought-resistant crop.
- This rice activates detoxifying enzymes in your body.
- Cancer cell proliferation can be curbed by this rice.
- This rice balances blood pressure level
- The antioxidants in this rice reduce the probability of diabetes, cancer and heart problems.
- It controls cholesterol in our blood vessels
- It reduces the aging process of the blood vessels and protects the functioning of the heart.
- It also aids in weight loss
- This rice has vitamins c which improves the quality of skin and hair.
Preparation time: 6 hours
Cooking time: 19 minutes
Servings: 2 to 3
Recipe Category: Dessert
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Karuppukavuni rice: 1 cup
- Water: 3 cup
- Coconut: ½
- Sugar: ½
- Cardamom powder:
- Soak the karuppukavuni rice in the water before the cooking day for 6 hours.
- Spilt the water from the grain.
- Transfer this rice into the pressure cooker.
- Add water in a pressure cooker and keep it in low flame.
- After 6-8 whistles open the pressure cooker and smash the rice.
- Add sugar and coconut.
- Finally, add ghee and cardamom powder.
- Cook for 2 mins and serve
All the above mentioned facts are recommended by farmers and B&B organics can’t take credits for the facts.