B&B ORGANICS FENUGREEK SEEDS
Fenugreek is an herb long used as alternative medicine. It is rich in protein, dietary fibre and other nutrients. B&B organics fenugreek is organically grown and lab tested for quality which is loaded with health benefits.
- Fenugreek is low in Sodium, and very low in Cholesterol.
- It is also a good source of Protein, Magnesium, Copper and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber and Iron.
- It is also known to control blood sugar hence prevents diabetes. Research suggests that fenugreek may increase breastmilk production and the rate of weight gain in new-born babies.
- Fenugreek aids appetite control, lowers cholesterol level. Fenugreek can boost testosterone levels and sexual function in men.
- Fenugreek is taken by mouth for digestive problems such as loss of appetite, upset stomach, constipation, inflammation of the stomach (gastritis).
Fenugreek is an annual herb cultivated for its seed and leaves. It is grown both as a Rabi and Kharif season crops in southern parts of India. It is cool season crop. The areas where rains are heavy and continuous, growing fenugreek should be avoided.
|Nutrients||Nutrition value per 100g|
|Total Fat (g)||6.4|
|Saturated Fat (g)||1.5|
|Sodium (mg )||67|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||25|
|Vitamin D (mcg)||0.00|
Sprouted Methi Seeds Sabzi
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 person
Recipe Category: Lunch
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/3 Cup
- Finely Chopped Onions – 1/3 Cup
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Grated Ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Grated Coconut – 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 4 to 6
- Hing – 1 Pinch
Sprouting the Fenugreek
1. Wash the fenugreek seeds and soak in 1 cup water for at least 4 hours.
2. Drain the water and tie the fenugreek seeds in a clean, cotton cloth.
3. Set aside for 16 to 24 hours for the fenugreek seeds to sprout well. Sprinkle some water every 3-4 hours on the cloth to aid to sprouting.
4. Just before using, rinse the sprouted fenugreek well and drain the water. However, ensure that the fenugreek is wet when you add it to the onions.
5. In a kadhai, heat the oil.
6. Add mustard seeds and wait till they crackle.
7. Add chopped onion, hing, and curry leaves.
8. Reduce the heat to low.
9. Stir-fry till the onions are translucent.
10. Add the rinsed fenugreek and mix well. If the fenugreek is very dry, sprinkle about 1 tbsp water.
11. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
12. Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder and jaggery.
13. Mix well and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
14. Turn off the heat.
15. Add coconut and lemon juice.
16. Mix well.
17. Serve hot Sprouted Fenugreek Seeds Sabzi with phulkas.