B&B Brown Top Millet
B&B Organics sources its browntop millet from Uttar Pradesh where it is grown in completely organic conditions. So consumers get the best benefits of this millet.
Browntop millet known as pala pul in Tamil, Kannada (Korale) and Telugu (Andakorra) is an all climate grass and grows mostly in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. It used to grow wild and was eaten by omnivorous wildlife and jungle dwellers. Now it is one of the rarest millets found.
- Browntop millet is gluten-free so is good for weight loss.
- Consumption of browntop millet helps to reduce diabetes, cholesterol and constipation.
- It also lowers risk of coronary diseases. However it is advisable to take medical advice before consumption.
Recipes: Brown Top millet Dosa
Browntop millet has to be soaked overnight before cooking.
- This millet can be cooked as upma or pongal with vegetables of your choice.
- It can also be ground with equal portion of moong dhal and added to rice batter for dosas.
- Browntop millets can also be cooked as a savoury gruel or kanji for diabetic patients.
- Browntop millet – 200 gms
- Urad dal – 100 gms
- Groundnut – 100 gms
- Soak all the above for at least six hours.
- Grind the soaked ingredients to a smooth paste and keep it overnight.
- Next day add ½ tsp baking soda and salt to taste with water until batter is of dosa consistency.
- Now pour these dosas in regular method and have them with chutneys of your choice.
|Nutrients||Nutritional values Per 100g*|
|Carbohydrate (g )||71.32|
|Crude fiber (g)||8.2|