B&B ORGANICS KARUPPU KAVUNI FLAKES
B&B Organics Karuppu kavuni rice flakes (aval/ poha/atugulu/ avalakki) is made from organically grown Karuppu kavuni rice. It is cultivated in relatively small amounts, compared to other rice varieties. The whole grain rice also packs umpteen health benefits. It can be used for preparing breakfast items like phi, porridge and also in salads and sweets. It can also be used for making muesli. It has an outer black and inner white layer; the outer layer often tends to get discarded by repeated washing but is rich in nutrition.
The deep black or the purple hue of the black rice is a marker of its high antioxidant properties. The rice is rich in fiber, thus helps regulate bowel moments. It also prevents the risk of diabetes and obesity. It is loaded with vitamin C and has a low glycemic index. It’s a natural detoxifier that also contains significant iron and proteins. It is great for skin and hair due to its vitamin content.
Karuppu kavuni rice is a 150-170 days duration crop. It is suitable for growing in September – January. It requires lesser quantity of water comparatively and suitable for black cotton soil and red soil in dry lands. Rice is parboiled before flattening so that it can be consumed with very little to no cooking. These flakes of rice swell when added to liquid, whether hot or cold, as they absorb water, milk or any other liquids. The thickness of the flakes varies between almost translucently thin to nearly four times thinner than a normal rice grain. By buying B&B Karuppu kavuni Rice Flakes you help our farmers since part of your money goes for promoting farming and to our activities like planting of native trees and building nests for a sparrow to protect them.
|Nutrients||Nutritional values Per 100g*|
|Carbohydrate (g )||72.41|
Recipe: KARUPPU KAVUNI FLAKES
Preparation time: 15- 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 3 person
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- B&B Karuppu kavuni aval – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1/2 cup
- Onion – 1/2 cup
- Green chillies – 1 or 2
- Roasted groundnuts – a handful
- Cold-pressed groundnut oil – 1spoon
- Mustard – 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6 leaves
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Soak the aval for 15-20mins.
- Take a pan.
- Add oil. Once it is hot, add mustard seeds and urad dal and allow it to splutter.
- Add curry leaves, onion, green chillies, roasted groundnuts n stir for few minutes.
- Next, add the aval and mix well with the tempered ingredients.
- Switch off the flame, add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with coconut chutney.