B&B Organics Bamboo Rice
B&B Organics Bamboo rice is special rice that is grown out of a dying bamboo shoot. When the bamboo shoot breathes its last, it flowers into a rare variety of rice seeds, which are known as bamboo rice. The nutritious and health value of bamboo rice is very remarkable. It is more healthy to have bamboo rice than the rice from paddy. Seeds used to treat menstrual disorders, respiratory diseases and infections.
It is rich in protein, vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and B6, minerals calcium, iron and phosphorus, and fiber. This makes the rice highly nutritive especially to small children because of the immediate release of energy it gives. Known to have a low glycemic index, this rice is ideal for diabetic patients. There is not fat in bamboo seeds. The carbohydrates that is present also increase the blood glucose level in a slow pace, this helps in reducing cholesterol accumulation.
Bamboo blooms into rare variety of rice seed after 50-60 years, once in their lifetime marking their senescence. Bamboo rice is this special rice that is grown out of a dying bamboo shoot.
|Nutrients||Nutritional values Per 100g*|
|Carbohydrate (g )||77.78|
|Sugar (g )||0|
|Dietary fiber (g)||2.2|
Recipe: Bamboo Rice Payasam
Preparation time: 4 hours
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 5 person
Recipe Category: Dessert
Recipe cuisine: Indian
- Bamboo rice -1 cup
- Full cream milk / plant based milks -4 cups
- Condensed sweetened milk- 1 cup
- Green cardamom powder -1/4 tsp
- Ghee/ clarified butter -1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 8-10
- Raisins – 8-10
- Wash and soak bamboo rice in water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the water and pressure cook the bamboo rice in 3 cups of milk for 3 whistles.
- Meanwhile, heat a small pan, add ghee and roast the cashew nuts till golden and then add raisins. When the raisins go plump remove and set aside.
- Open the lid when the pressure releases open and check the rice, it will be tender to touch. Add one more cup of milk and cook on a medium flame. Keep stirring.
- When it becomes really soft add the cardamom powder. Mix well
- Add half the cup of condensed milk and check the sweetness. Continue to stir in more to reach the desired sweetness. Now bring it only up to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Add in the roasted cashews and raisins and mix well. Serve hot.