Skip to content
Walnut Banana Bread With Palm Jaggery
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of thick curd
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup palm jaggery
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 ripe bananas
Process of making:
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg or curd until it becomes fluffy.
- Now mix in the palm jaggery, cinnamon powder, powder from brown sugar, butter, and milk for 5 min.
- Slog the ripe banana and add it to the bowl and mix.
- Sift together all the wheat flour, baking powder, and baking soda multiple times.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the milk mixture. Eventually, stir in the walnuts.
- Line a baking bread tray with tissue paper, then drizzle in the mixture and top with sliced bananas.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C and cook at 180° C for 35 mins in a hot oven. Bake for 40-45 mins whether using OTG.
- Check for doneness with a wooden pick.
- Allow to cool completely before serving tea.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.