Skip to content
Palm Jaggery Malpua Recipe
- 1 cup enriched Flour
- ½ Cup Semolina
- ¼ Cup Palm Jaggery, refined
- ½ teaspoon Fennel
- ¼ teaspoon elaichi powder
- ½ Cup Milk
- Water As Required
- Oil For Deep Frying
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Garnishing Dry Fruits
- 1 Cup Palm Jaggery
- ¼ Tsp Cardamom Powder
- A Few Saffron Strands
Process of making:
- Combine refined flour, maida, and semolina in a bowl and mix.
- Finely chop the palm jaggery and add it to the pot.
- Fennel seeds and cardamom powder can also be added.
- Pour in the milk and start stirring gradually in one path. Continue to stir until there are no blobs in the mixture.
- After that, add water to the mixture and meld till it is smooth.
- After whisking the batter for five min, put it on hold for 30 min to relax.
- Pour some oil or ghee onto a warm tawa.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan with a spoon and enable it to braise on one edge.
- Press gently the malpua till it swells up, then turn and cook till it is light and fluffy.
- To remove the excess oil, put the malpuas on a dish towel.
- Add water, palm jaggery, cardamom powder, and Kesar to a frying pan. Allow it to cook for just a few mins and then turn down the heat once it attains a syrup-like continuity.
- Let the malpuas drench in the jaggery syrup for around ten min.
- Remove the malpuas and pinnacle with the dry fruits. Serve with or without rabri.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.