Skip to content
Palm Jaggery Halwa
Process of making:
- Heat the water and jaggery in a skillet.
- Heat till the jaggery has fully dissolved. Enable it to be completely cool. Check for impurities by contorting. Place it apart.
- Add water and a dash of salt to start making a wet fluid.
- In a pan, warm 2 tbsp of ghee and add the rice flour mix.
- Continue to warm it. Once it starts to plump up, add coconut milk. Heat up till it attains a pale continuity.
- Pour in the jaggery water. Keep stirring until there are no lumps.
- Add the remaining ghee and cardamom once the mix opens to clump. Cook over a gentle heat until it attains the stability of halwa and pops up without adhering to the skillet.
- Mix in the chopped nuts lightly. Turn off the heat.
- Butter a second plate and ladle the halwa blending into it. Give time for it to resolve. As it cooled down, it became denser.
- Cut into the shape desired.
- The colour and deliciousness of the Halwa wholly depend on the type of jaggery utilised.
- Ghee is an essential component in making mellow halwa and using it generously.
- Once the halwa gets cold, it gets thicker.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.