Skip to content
Millet Vermicelli Upma
- 1 cup Thinai semiya
- 1 qt Heaped Onion
- 2 qts Green chilli
- ½ cup Carrot, Beans, Peas (chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
- Salt – As needed
- 2 tsp Oil
- ¾ tsp Mustard
- 2 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Chana dal
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Keep the Little millet vermicelli ,immersed in enough water for 1 min. Drain water completely in a metal strainer.
- Steam cook in an idli pot for 5 minutes. Once done, invert in a plate and fluff. Keep covered. Heat a pan with oil and temper with the items given under the ‘To temper’ table.
- Add ginger, onion, green chilli and fry till transparent. Add the finely chopped vegetables. Add little salt needed for veggies and cook covered in low flame for 2-3 mins until the veggies are done.
- Add required salt, the cooked sevai, and mix well for a minute. You can sprinkle with little coconut oil if you want.
- Do not soak more than 1 minute, otherwise it will become mushy.
- Also do not over cook while steaming.
- In step 4, after adding salt, give a quick stir and then the cooked sevai if you feel mixing of salt may be difficult.
- You can make it simply without veggies too, but make it healthy by adding veggies.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.